Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Adulting

 Gotta love the feeling of accomplishment when you go do and accomplish the adulting errands you set yourself to complete today.

Because like...as a mostly introvert...I tend to not want to go anywhere on my day off. I love just hanging out at home and chilling and not having to worry about interacting with people for a day. 

And if I do have to run errands...I often try to do them after I get off work while I still have the energy from being in 'work mode' and haven't yet reached home where I won't want to leave after I get there.

But one of the things I've needed to accomplish this month...was updating the registration on my car.

Because that's a thing that has to be done like once a year. *exhales* And my time had come for that.

And I'd already procrastinated it like...the entire month and I did want to give myself some leeway in case something didn't pass on my car that would take time or another day to fix.

Hence why I went in to get my car checked this morning.

As it's not as busy in the mornings compared to the afternoons.

And yah...I got an oil change while I was at it...cus I'm a bad car owner and haven't done one of those in like...a year. ^^;; heh. Oops.

To be fair...with the pandemic going on, I have been rather reluctant to go to other places and expose myself to more random people than I'm already exposed to at work. 

Still. My car still runs soooo yah. ^^;; I got it in before anything went wrong. Yay me. XD lol.

In any case.

I finally did the adulting errands I've been meaning to do this month. The car stuff. The grocery shopping, the water change on my tank because I needed to do that....

So yah. It's felt good to 'accomplish' things. 

Though it's still rather odd to go places and see people wandering around without masks now.

Like I know most places have established that if you're fully vaccinated you don't have to wear a mask anymore.

But honestly....after the amount of people who said they had a "medical condition" to get out of wearing a mask in the stores...I really don't believe that all the people I see without masks have actually been fully vaccinated.

At some point it won't be weird. At some point I'll probably stop tensing up at seeing people without masks on.

But yah...still gonna try and be a mostly homebody until I'm fully vaccinated myself. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment