Sunday, May 23, 2021

Cough Cough

So there I was, sitting in church. Waiting to take the Sacrament.

And like...it's been three weeks since I last attended, mostly because I wasn't feeling well the last three Sundays. 

So of course...I was a bit...stressed about going to church. It's been hard, especially with the end of mask wearing and such and me not yet fully vaccinated just yet...to want to be around people when I don't have to be around people. 

I'm around people all the time at work. Customers who don't read our signs, don't follow the requirements we have....

In any case.

I was at church, thinking about masks and coughing and such.

Because there's always that slight bit of paranoia that goes through you if someone coughs and you wonder if it's the rona.

And I was like "What if I choke on the bread/water during the sacrament and start coughing? What would I do? How would I leave the room?"

It's just one of those random thoughts you think but don't expect to happen. 

I mean, I've taken the sacrament hundreds of time. And like rarely does it go down wrong. Rarely do you choke and start coughing from it.

But I took the water, swallowed it, put the cup back...and suddenly I was coughing.

*exhales*

Like the one thing I didn't want to happen...happened. 

So I basically bolted from my seat and left the room as quickly as possible so I could go into a true coughing fit to try and settle my lungs/throat from the water that triggered the attack. 

Who knows what people thought about that.

I took a while to come back because I needed to seek out some water and needed to make sure that the tickle in my throat was soothed so I wouldn't start coughing again. 

Yay for making 'good' impressions. *shakes head* 

Hopefully next time I take the sacrament I don't end up choking. We'll see. I suppose.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment