Thursday, May 6, 2021

Manager in Training

 It was another day of me technically being alone as the closing manager.

I say technically because our newest manager was also scheduled to work tonight.

But they haven't yet been trained in all the manager duties. And therefore can't really be left alone to watch over the store just yet

Which was tricky.

Because again...I didn't have a midday manager. 

As technically I was originally scheduled for the midshift. But because my other manager switched today's shift with the cashier's shift yesterday....

I ended up switching my shift back a couple of hours so that I could be the closing manager.

Which on the one hand. Still really grateful that switch happened because trying to work yesterday had been soooo difficult. 

But on the other hand....it's not fun being the only manager in the store.

I mean, I've adjusted to it and it doesn't stress me out as much as it did in the beginning anymore.

But still. I do like having my fellow managers to rely on.

Thankfully we had more coverage tonight than we did yesterday.

Thankfully it was a slower day so I didn't have to interact with people, because yah...still got the stupid migraine though it's moved behind my right eye now. XP bleh.

But it also gave me the opportunity to do a little bit of unofficial training with my new manager. Showing them the ropes on how to use the registers and count the tills and such.

So yah.

Overall good day despite the migraine. And my new manager did rather well in the store. 

As I did have to leave them to fend for themselves while I took a lunch break. But the store didn't burn down in that half hour so woot! lol

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment