Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Startled Awake

Okay. I'm guilty of this too--though in my defense when I text people early in the morning it's because I know that they are usually already awake.

And maybe people are still thinking that I work morning shifts.
Maybe they're thinking I'm already awake.

After all for most of my work career. My shifts have started in the pre-dawn hours of the day.

But with the pandemic and cutting of hours and me becoming a manager.

My shifts have changed. 

They're no longer as early they used to be.

And maybe the fact that people have been isolated for most of the past year. That they haven't had much contact besides what you can get through technology...maybe time no longer has a meaning to them. They don't realize that because they're awake...doesn't mean that everyone else is awake too.

And like....it's been bugging me recently.

Because growing up. I was always told that you don't contact people before 9am or after 10pm unless it's like an emergency.

And because of this mindset...it's hard to not wonder "What's wrong?!" when my phone goes off super early in the morning.

Like. Obviously something has to be wrong if you're texting me before the sun is up.

And maybe I'm just sensitive to noise.

But like....for the past couple of weeks....like nearly every day....people have been texting me before 9am. Before the sun rises. and startling me awake.

Which is sooo annoying. Soo frustrating. And it's triggered more than one migraine from me waking up and stressing over issues that really shouldn't be stressing me and probably wouldn't have if I'd been awake already or like well into my day when said text was sent.

But noooo.

I haven't been able to sleep well for a while.
And I've basically reached the point where I'm tempted to leave my phone in a different room when I go to bed just so I can have some peace of mind and be able to actually rest. 

Unfortunately...my phone is my alarm clock for waking up for my shifts that I do have scheduled in the morning...

But yah. Definitely feeling the need to disconnect from being 'reachable' for a bit. As it's getting old quick how often people wake me up.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment