Thursday, May 13, 2021

Breaking the Migraine

 So since like last...Wednesday? I've been suffering from a near constant migraine.

For the first two days it was behind my left eye, but then Thursday night the headache moved over to be behind my right eye and has just....stuck around.

Like...it would semi fade towards the evening and be gone when I woke up....but usually within a couple of hours of me waking up the migraine would be back to behind my right eye.

And like....

I could tell that tension was involved. As the muscles in my neck and my shoulder have been sore and achy and stiff for the entire week.

But nothing I did would help it go away. Like I tried all the combinations of medications I could to get my muscles to relax to no avail. The ache just...persisted. To the point where the past couple of days I've basically not taken any medicine because what's the point of taking it if it's not helping me?

Like I took two aleve and that didn't even help. *exhales*

In any case.

I did end up managing to get my headache to fade a bit during work today. 

 A little bit of caffeine seemed to help...until I apparently had too much and then wham migraine came back stronger.

But I ended up hitting the pressure points along my right arm multiple times throughout the day and yeouch those are sooo tender. So very tender. Which again. Tense muscles. It would explain it being tender. 

And the pressure seems to have helped as well.

But oddly enough...what seems to have helped me actually finally break the migraine (we'll see what the morning holds) is the fact that I decided to drop by Wendy's after work and grabbed my usual order of a Crispy Chicken with Fries and a Dr. Pepper....and to give myself a bit more protein I also grabbed a hamburger as well....

And it seems like eating that food did the trick? Like the migraine has noticeably faded and my muscles are feeling less tense than before.

So apparently Wendy's was the solution all along?

*shakes head* Who knows for sure as the other things I was trying earlier today could have compounded and helped it as well.

But yah...note to self. To save myself a week of migraines, go grab Wendy's next time this lasts longer than a couple of days. 

So weird.

So very weird.

I wonder if there was a nutrient in the food somewhere that I was missing and that's why the migraine is finally fading because my body is finally satisfied that whatever it needed was fulfilled....

Who knows. It's not like I haven't been trying to eat more food and such this past week to see if intaking more nutrients would help....

Yah....bodies are weird. So weird.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment