Monday, May 3, 2021

Going Back To Normal

The Walmart by my work got rid of their 'directional' signs in the aisles. 

You know the signs where they say "Enter Here" Or "Do Not Enter" to try and make it so their aisles were just one way...

Yah. They're gone at the store I shop at.

Which...it makes sense with people getting the vaccine and the state mask mandate ending and such---you know how the 'pandemic is coming to a close' that it would seem kinda silly to keep up the 'one way' aisles (when a bunch of people couldn't follow those directions anyways) as social distancing becomes less of a 'thing' to have to work with. 

But it was...kinda weird...I'm not sure how to feel about it after having those signs on the floor for like a year straight.

Like in many ways it was freeing. 

To not have to worry about looking at the floors and making sure that I was going down the aisle in the right direction.

It also helped to relieve the tension/irritation felt by witnessing other shoppers ignoring said signs and going down the aisle the 'wrong way'

Plus it made shopping..maybe a little quicker? I mean I didn't have to play ring around the rosie in order to get to the item I wanted.

But it was still stressful.

Having people approaching you from either direction.

Having people come near you and hover within six feet.

It was especially stressful when the individuals who've chosen to ignore the 'Masks Required' signs and wander around without masks....

Still.

Despite not liking being near maskless people.

It was nice to be able to just kinda...shop. And not have to think beyond the 'is the item I want down this aisle' sort of thoughts.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment