Friday, May 7, 2021

The Wrong Number

 Ah. The irony.

You see. I've been complaining off and on like the entire week about the fact that people -different people- keep texting me at like 7 freaking 30 in the morning and startling me awake and therefore triggering my stress response which tenses up my muscles which then triggers a migraine that I haven't been able to get rid of for days now.

And so last night I was like "Woot! Day off tomorrow! I can totally rest."

And my head manager was like "Yes! Rest. Relax. Don't even think about work tomorrow. Turn your phone off or something."

Which...I didn't turn it off.

I did place it on the floor where I would be less likely to hear it go off. 

But I ended up being wide awake at like 6 am so didn't really sleep much anyways.

Which was probably a good thing.

Because guess who texted me at like 8 this morning?

Yep. 

My head manager.

*shakes head*

There was an issue with this morning's safe count. In that the manager who counted was off by a little bit.

And when they pulled the documents from last night...the documents they pulled didn't match what they were seeing in their own count.

So head manager was texting me to see why it was so 'off' between last night and today.

The reason?

Opening manager was looking at the wrong document. They'd pulled the wrong one. One from last month's counting instead of last night's counts.

It was easy enough to see...mostly because I noticed the signature on the bottom of the paper wasn't the right one. As I had had my new manager do all the signing of the documents last night when I was showing them how to do all the money related stuff.

And their signature wasn't on the bottom of the page.

So yah. Easy fix. Find the right papers.

Double check the counts.

And yah. They ended up finding what was wrong so yay.

*shakes head*

Still funny.

But oh so frustrating.

That head manager told me to not worry about work and then proceeded to worry me about work first thing this morning. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment