Saturday, May 14, 2016

A Nest

So. I may have found a temporary solution for my sleeping problems.
To where I can get comfy enough to fall asleep faster than like...in two hours.
To where I almost feel normal again being able to get to sleep.

That solution?

Well.
A while ago.
The roommate who's not in the apartment hardly ever anymore,
Who has excellent sewing skills.

Made a giant pillow.
For the sole purpose of us being able to lounge on it.
As our current seating arrangement in the apartment, makes it rather hard to fit all of us comfortably in the living room.
So she created the pillow to give us another option when picking places to sit.

Well, the other night, on a whim of inspiration and desperation because I once again couldn't sleep. I decided to grab that pillow.
And take it into my room.
And stuff it in the space on the floor between my closet and my bed.
Other pillows and blankets had already found their way down there from my restless tossing and turning.
Which ended up creating a 'nest' of sorts.
A soft fluffy place where I could curl up and relax. Feel safe and warm and whatever else I needed to feel to get to sleep.

And it worked.
Surprisingly it worked.
I was able to get to sleep!!

So great!
But like all great things....
They must come to an end.
As I had another one of those stupid cleaning checks. (can't wait to get away from the monthly cleaning checks in this place)
Which meant....I couldn't exactly leave the 'nest' on the ground and call it 'clean'
So the nest had to be cleaned up.
Which meant last night....was another night of restless sleeping.
To the point where I had to remake the nest -in a quick to clean up modified form- in order to finally get to sleep.

So tonight, you can guess what I'm doing.
Yep.
Rebuilding that nest.
Because for now...
That's the only way I'm finding a good night sleep.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment