Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Prepared

I don't often like having plans sprung up on me.
As more often than not, it causes a stressful situation.
So if out of the blue someone is like 'hey you want to go do this?'
9/10 times I'll probably say no.

Because a) I may already have my own plans.
and b) I only have so much energy.
And often my energy is used up at work, having to be social and deal with people all day long is exhausting.
So I usually need a couple of hours or so to recharge.
Or even an entire evening.

I mean, I can continue after work to go out, be active, go do things....
If I plan for it.

But if I plan one thing, and get sprung up with another thing....
I usually end up tense and with a headache.

So when I can, I avoid such a situation.

Which means, if someone out of the blue asks me if I want to do something.
If I don't say no.
But don't have the energy to say yes.
I'll see if I can reschedule it for a different day.

That way I can mentally prepare for the outing.
And I can take measures to ensure that I have the energy necessary to socialize.

That doesn't mean that it doesn't end in 'happily ever afters'
Sometimes I still get the headaches.
Sometimes the socialization drains me.

But for the most part, being prepared and knowing when and where something is going to happen.
Helps me to be able to go out and have fun.
Even if the situation is potentially stressful. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment