Sunday, May 1, 2016

Little Joys

The best kinds of days are when you find joy in the simplest of things.

Today had one of those moments.
Where after church, we had a break the fast- aka you get free food for staying for the full three hours of church.
Which since it was fast sunday, was a double blessing, because....I hadn't eaten all day.
And with 1pm church and 3 hours of church...
and the fact that I woke up at like 8am this morning already starving...

Had me literally rushing into the room to get something to eat as soon as they said Amen on the prayer.

And among all the goodies....
was a bag of baby carrots.

I can't really remember the last time I had a carrot. :S Which probably isn't a good thing.

So I grabbed a handful of them along with other things.

Let me tell you.
Those baby carrots were delicious!
Cool, sweet, the right amount of crunch.

If I had no self control that huge family sized bag of carrots would probably be mostly empty by now. lol.
Because they were so good!
Like rediscovering a food. Like having it for the first time good.

Ah.
A small joy. ^^ Loved it.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment