Saturday, May 28, 2016

The Big Moment

There were multiple reasons for me to be excited about our trip to Arches National Park.

As I mentioned earlier in the week.
I finally got to see Ring Arch!

But there was another purpose to this particular weekend that we'd picked to go see the Red Rocks.

My brother had a purpose.

A very important question he wanted to ask a special girl.

And my family was there to help throw her off, from this purpose.

Mostly in that me and Kikay had invited friends -those who hadn't been to Arches before- to join us for the weekend. Since it was more of a friends and family thing now...it threw her off. lol.

In any case.

A week ago.
We made the long hike up the slick rock to Delicate Arch.
To await sunset there.
For the perfect moment.

Only, the weather....was being less than helpful.

It's always windy up at Delicate Arch.
but the wind was being particularly fierce that day.
The clouds covering up the sun.

Which, when you want the sun to be shining on the arch when you ask that important question....
Is rather difficult.

So after hanging out for about a little under an hour.

My brother decided that he wasn't going to get the perfect circumstances.
And he might as well do it now, instead of waiting longer in the cold wind.

So he took his girlfriend over to the Arch,
To wait in the line there,
To get their pictures taken under the arch.

While they were waiting.
My family moved into position.

Each taking our cameras so we could capture the moment.

I chose to head over to the right side of the Arch.
As everyone else was moving to the left side.

To get a different perspective.

*exhales*
Unfortunately the pictures I did take....were too blurry. :(
Because the wind was blowing so hard it was difficult to hold the camera steady. Y_Y Boo....

But thankfully the others got way better pictures of the moment than I did. lol.

And the amazing thing is.
As they stood under the Arch, getting their picture taken.
As he turned to her.
And got down on one knee.

The sun came out of the clouds just enough, to brighten the Arch noticeably.
Just like my brother wanted. :D

Such a cool moment!
I'm glad in a few months I'll be able to call her Sister. :)

Because of course she said Yes!! :D



Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment