Sunday, May 15, 2016

The 2am Wakeup

It was a faint rumbling that woke me.
A rumbling that shook the floor.
That would stop and start randomly.

It took me a while to realize what it was.
Because it's been a while since I've heard it.

Thunder.
And when my eyes opened. Lightning flashing through the blinds.

There was a storm outside.
A loud one too.
Loud enough to wake me up,
Even though the thunder and lightening was probably 20 miles away or so.
No where near me.
It wasn't even raining here.

But as I moved to the living room to look outside.
It just made it a tad more outer worldly.
To see lightening. Hear thunder.
And have no rain.

Definitely when you're half asleep...makes it seem...unreal.
Almost felt like an end of the world sequence.

But man it was awesome!!
Just to see the lightning.
Wow.

It's been forever since I've seen such a storm. ^^
Totally. Amazing, and worth staying up for an hour to watch it. lol.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment