Sunday, May 29, 2016

Drawn to Each Other

Sometimes, at home, I feel like I have the gift of suddenly reminding my roommates of things they have to do.

Because the last few days....
I feel like whenever I finally feel social enough to be social....and go out into the living room to try and interact with them...

My roommates, who've been chatting and laughing in the living room for the past two or three or seven hours...
Suddenly are like:

"Oh, I need to go take a shower."
"I need to go make some food."
"I need to go change into my pjs."
"I really should go to bed because you know, work in the morning."

Which,
All are understandable.

Yet...
this suddenly 'pressing matter'
Only seems to happen when I come in.

Part of it is probably my fault.
Part of it is theirs.

Mostly in that we don't really have the same topics to talk about.
We have different interests and such.
So chatting....isn't the easiest.

And so to probably avoid awkward.....they suddenly remember something they'd wanted to do.
And then use that as an excuse to avoid it.

*exhales*
But....

*shakes head*
I find it interesting....
How there are friends who can hang together for forever.
Like they can chat and laugh and do things together like 24/7
It's almost like they're magnets.

Unable to stay apart for long.

I find myself jealous of that sort of friendship.

Where you can be around a person for forever.

As my roommates, really have that type of bond.

One may leave to their room on that excuse I mentioned earlier.
But within 5-10 minutes of the one leaving....

The other roommate will eventually wind up in one of their bedrooms.
Once more chatting and laughing in their room.

Having a blast.

Leaving me....alone.
Being jealous of that friendship.
That ability to chat and laugh and talk and enjoy being around someone else without it being a strain on me....

....I really need to go find more friends....

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment