Saturday, April 30, 2016

A New Pendant

I love it when people go above and beyond what they needed to do in order to make a customer happy. :)

So, my parents recently were on a cruise.
You know, getting away from the daily toil of work and work to play all day and have a fun relaxing vacation.
In any case.
While they were out and about at one of the ports shopping.
They entered a jewelry store. (one of the many you can find in any port)

And saw that the store was having a sale on their Floating Diamonds.
Nothing to really think about,

Except, the last cruise we all went on as a family, they had been introducing said Floating Diamonds.
And I really really really had wanted one.
Only they hadn't had any that I wanted to spend a pretty penny on. :(
So I'd left that cruise empty handed with no Floating Diamond.

But here my parents were.
At the store.
With all these pretty floating diamonds.

And...
An internet connection. (since they were outside of the states....no cell service really)

So on a whim, they decided to text me.

Which lucky me I had my phone on me at work when they did.
As the ability to text them is a very limited time frame.

I was in the middle of doing the weekly fish count actually when I saw that my Dad had texted.
()_() !!! What?! My parents are alive?!?! Yay!! lol.

What resulted was me hiding out in a back room for like 45 minutes.
As my parents sent me pictures of different hanging diamonds in different settings, to see if I wanted to buy any of them.

It's not something where I could just wait til later to figure it all out.
Thankfully my coworker was understanding.

As I looked at all the different pictures of the stones and settings that I could possibly buy.

I knew I liked the Rose Gold setting.
As the yellow gold color...just isn't that attractive to me, but the rose gold. Oh yes. Very pretty.

The only problem was,
The store only had like two necklaces in Rose Gold.
And neither one of them....really were my style.
They were mostly diamonds.
And while diamonds are pretty....I don't want them to 'over take' the whole pendant.
I don't want to just see diamonds...weird I know lol.

 Unfortunately for me. :( The only setting that I did like....came in yellow gold.
-It looks a bit like the Atom symbol. :) one ring of diamonds, one ring of rose gold and a floating diamond in the center. :) ^^ Soo pretty.

Which....while I liked the design....I didn't like the color...
And if I don't love it....fully love it....

No use spending a pretty penny for something I didn't like.

"Are you sure it didn't come in rose gold?" I asked my parents as I looked at the other two rose gold settings.....too many diamonds, not enough rose gold to counterbalance it.


"No." They said.

:( So, with a sad heart, I told them that I didn't want any of them.

I felt bad. Especially for the sales person.
I know how it feels (though not on the jewelry level scale) to spend a ton of time with a customer....only for them to say No and walk away.
Especially if its commission based....
Poor sales person....

So, my parents walked out of the store,
And up and around the street, checking out the other shops in the area.

Then, as they were coming back down across the street from the jewelry store.

The sales rep they'd been talking to ran out to them.
And said that if they had the time, they could change the pendant from yellow gold to rose gold.

As apparently....to get rose gold or white gold....it's just a matter of doing the right chemical reaction.
O.o Who knew. lol.

The process would take about 45 minutes to complete.
But if I wanted the necklace in rose gold. They could do it.

So once more, it was up to me.
Did I want to pull the trigger, have this setting that I liked altered into rose gold?
Because if I didn't like it....that would be really sad. :( And depressing for the sales rep for sure.

I really have to admire this sales guy for taking a chance.
Because in the end, I decided to say yes. :)

And from what I could see in the picture.
It turned out beautiful!! ^^

The only slight draw back to it.
Is that the manager in charge of the store....
Said that we couldn't switch out the yellow-gold chain for a rose gold one. :(
Nor could they alter the current chain because the process wouldn't get into all the little nooks and crannies and would make it all look....dirty if they tried.

But...I took consolation in the fact that Mom had a rose gold chain at home. So we were just going to switch it out when they got home.

Only, once more the sales rep went above and beyond...
and when the manager was distracted/on break....
He switched the chains. ^^

So I was able to get there pendant I wanted in rose gold and the chain as well!! Yay!
Yay for amazing sales reps who can make a customer happy. ^^

^^
I didn't get to see my new necklace until last night.
Before that point, I'd only seen pictures.

So I was still slightly concerned...
As pictures make it hard to tell how big something actually is.
And I was worried that the pendant was going to be on the slightly larger side.
Just from the design of it and all.
I usually prefer the smaller pendants.
But I figured that it would still be small enough to still be fine. :)

And surprise surprise!!
When I finally got to open the box. ^^
The pendant was about half the size of what I was expecting.
Which meant it was the perfect size!! ^^

Ah. I love my new necklace. ^^

So glad that my parents were able to contact me so I could get it. ^^

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment