Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The Visitors

Yesterday was one of those moody days.
One of those days where you feel like you're the only one making an effort to think of others. To do stuff for others...
One of those days where you just want someone to make a sacrifice for you for once. To take the time, energy, effort to just be around you, without you feeling like you're being needy....

Admittedly.
I've gotten into these phases more often recently.
Feeling like I'm giving more than I'm getting back.
Surely it's an indication that I need a change of scene.
Or as my sister put it "find new friends."
Considering finding friends is difficult for me to do....like literally it takes me years I feel like, to find people that I consider to be more than acquaintance friends.
....it was just a depressing scenario all around yesterday.

*shakes head*
And then today happened....
It was almost like there was a beacon lit somewhere that said "Go visit Sarnic!"
Because at work, I had people visit me.

My roommate -who I haven't been able to talk to because she's now always over at her fiancé's place, decided to drop by on the spur of the moment as she was driving past (it was her day off) to check in and see how I was doing "because we didn't really get a chance to talk yesterday"
Which was great! I just wish we could have talked longer...but its hard to do when you have a shadow by you the entire time. (I was training a new coworker)

But also, an older coworker and her new husband came by to say hi as well! :)
lol Of course...they were mostly there to grab boxes so they could work on moving stuff. But they came to say hi to me. ^^ Which was great. :)

Plus, I was able to get along with all my coworkers today. Where I actually felt like we were bonding and such instead of just sharing the same space within the walls.

So it was crazy.
How one can go from feeling isolated and alone....
To suddenly have a bunch of people actually wanting to talk to you.
So. very. Weird.

But I'm glad it happened, as it was a nice needed boost. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment