Friday, April 29, 2016

Remember the Hamburger?

So, a couple of months ago....
Time passes so weirdly at work, so it may have been shorter, may have been longer ago.

We had to ask for help from our instore vet people (separate business, but are still in our store.)

Because a customer wanted a 150 gallon tank.
Which takes four strong guys to be able to lift and move.
And....
We had only one strong guy in our side of the store at the time.
The rest of us were basically 100lb girls.
Plus we were all busy with customers,
So it wasn't like we could instigate the help of every person in the store to move the tank.
As it would have left the store empty of coworkers as we moved the tank outside to the guy's truck lol.

So I went over to the vets to ask if any of the guys there could help.
And managed to get a couple of them to volunteer.
So that the customer, our coworker, and the two of them could move the tank.
Which they did!

But, as a Thank you back then.
I decided to grab some 99 cent cheeseburgers from Wendy's for the Vet people.

Yet, to make sure that nobody else felt jealous.
I chose to get enough to make sure everyone in the Vet side of the store (about 7 people at the time) got a cheeseburger. Just to say Thanks for helping us out.

I also grabbed a cheeseburger for my coworker.
Since he had helped with the tank as well.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be as sneaky with this hand off.
And a couple of my coworkers saw me giving the cheeseburger to him.

And they were like "Where's my cheeseburger!?"

I didn't have any for them, but told them I'd get them both one sometime later.

That day was Thursday.
As it was one of those coworker's last day at work, as she's heading out on a mission.

So after I was done with my shift.
I went out to Wendy's and got both of them (since they were both working)
a cheeseburger.

And again, since I didn't want to leave anyone else out.
I got three other hamburgers for the other three coworkers in the store for them as well.

:)
lol. My two coworkers were surprised when I handed them their cheeseburgers.
"What's this for?" They asked.

And I was like "Remember a bit ago when I got soandso a hamburger and you guys were mad you didn't get one too?"

O.o "No."

Oh.
lol.
But they were super happy to get food that day anyway. lol.

Apparently they didn't think I was serious when I told them I'd get them food at some point.
But usually if I say I'm going to do something.
I do it. :)

They probably assumed that I didn't mean it and was just saying it all in good fun. lol.

In any case. I was able to give a bright spot to all my coworkers that day. :) So yay. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment