Tuesday, April 5, 2016

After Effects

The day after a migraine is always an interesting one.
Most of the time, when suffering from these intense headaches, if they happen around bedtime.
I usually end up being up all night.
Dozing off and on fitfully.
With my head feeling like its going to explode. My muscles in my neck and shoulder tense beyond compare.
It can get bad. Super bad.

Somehow though, I usually survive the night.
Usually by the time I have to get up and go to work, its gone.
If its not gone by that point then it goes away in work.

But.
My emotional state.
Energy state.

Is different after a migraine.

I wouldn't say I'm disconnected.
But it's definitely on the 'low' side of energy and emotion.

It's harder to smile, to laugh, to gather energy to interact in a good tone with customers.
I take things more seriously. Am quicker to have my ire raised when something doesn't go right after multiple attempts to get it right.

But the interesting side effect of today's after migraine effect...
Is how active I got in cleaning today.

At work I cleaned up the back, because it had been left in a disastrous whirlwind state.
Annoyed, quietly that my coworkers were so lazy/immature/selfish to not leave a huge mess without any attempts to clean it up while I was gone for the weekend.

The same thoughts crossed my mind when I got home today.
Because the kitchen was in a natural disaster state as well.
Trash overflowing.
Dishes piled in the sink.
Garbage all over the place.

And today.
It bugged me.
A lot.
How can my roommates let this happen?
Easy.
We each just wait for the other to finally have enough.
And someone does them.

It could be a week.
It could be two.
Before anything happens.

Admittedly, I'm the last one in the apartment to do the cleaning tasks.
I have a higher tolerance for mess than the others do.
So someone else usually ends up cleaning before I get around to it.

Today.
Not so much.
I was annoyed, that we'd just let it sit like that.
How immature and selfish my roommates, and yes, I were.

Overall I think I was just annoyed. Annoyed that people aren't thinking of others, aren't trying to do more for others.

Sooo...
I came home, and after relaxing a bit to get rid of the migraine that was threatening to reemerge,
I set to work.
I emptied the dishwasher, filled it back up with dishes and washed those.
Cleaned off the kitchen counters and table.
Took out three bags of trash.

And then, because I wanted to change the feel of the living room.
I redecorated the apartment.
Taking down pictures, putting different ones back up, just to give the apartment a new energy.
A different energy, that will hopefully make the apartment feel a bit better, happier.

So, I guess one benefit to this particular migraine...
Was that I actually participated in cleaning the apartment. :) Hopefully that makes the roomies happy. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment