Friday, April 22, 2016

After I Leave

I don't see why my roommates were freaking out about our cleaning check today.
I mean, sure it's 'white glove' as in practically everyone in the complex is moving out for the summer to head back home since school's out.
But since we're all not moving out of this complex yet....
It's not like we have to be super paranoid about the cleaning.
Yes.
We need to do it.
But it's not like they're going to look closely at our stuff since we're all still sticking around.

Yet. It was stressing them out.

Me.
Not so much.
Been around this block a time or a hundred, so I know what to expect.
Know how to clean.
Know what to do.

No, what irritated me about this cleaning check,
Is that usually the checkers come sometime between 9-11am to glance about the apartment.
Fill out the forms saying that we passed,
and leave.

Only this time....
They didn't show up.....
Until nearly dinner time.

Which. Considering I wanted to be there when they showed up so I could make sure we passed and everything...
Meant I wasted a big portion of the day trying to keep the apartment clean and hanging out when I had had other plans.
Other plans based on them coming in the morning. >.<

I mean, I can understand that my apt probably wasn't a high priority on the 'to check' list since none of us were moving out.
And maybe there were finals that our checkers needed to take or something so they couldn't start checking til later.

But still.
Why. Why wait til nearly dinner time to come?!
Ugh.
>.<
It was like they were just waiting for all of us to leave.
Because they only came AFTER we were gone.

Like...if I had left the apartment earlier in the day would they have come sooner?
Who knows.

But at least it's finally over with.
...for another month....

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment