Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Another Mark To The Arm

Why is it that the smallest actions seem to have the most drastic consequences?

I mean, the whole problem with my arm started with a simple burn that apparently go infected after I was doing my job scrubbing fish tanks at work.

Well...
That same left arm has had another injury grace it.

Yesterday at work,
I was doing stuff.
I really don't remember what I was doing.
Something that involved my hands...
Because next thing I know.

Something got jammed under my left thumb nail.

It was one of those quick. "Ow. Pain" things.
I mean, the hay often finds itself under my fingernails.
Maybe it was hay again this time.

But in any case.
I got the agonizer away from my thumb.
And didn't think more on it.

Because this literally happens all the time.
Why would one time of getting something jammed under a nail be so painful?

Because it is painful.
I mean, I noticed that my thumb was still aching hours later.
Towards the end of my shift.
From whatever I had done to it.

When I came home from work, it still ached.
It throbbed so bad that it woke me up from a nap.

Was it because something was still under my nail?
Despite my best attempts, I couldn't see anything.
Just the reddened area that was irritated.

And nothing would make the pain fade until I took an Excedrin.
Then finally relief!

Only, this morning....
My thumb still hurts.
So more pain killers.

And guess what.
It ached all through out work.

And still aches tonight.

What in the world did I do?!
Do you know how difficult it is to do things when your dominate hand, your thumb is sore?
It's like constantly pressing the pain button.
Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

Ugh.
Hopefully this doesn't blow up out of proportion like the burn and the lymphnodes did.
I'm for sure not scrubbing any tanks with that hand. ;) lol (not that I was in the first place since the left arm is the arm with all the problems....)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment