Saturday, April 16, 2016

Teeth A Fixing

It's always slightly amusing to me.
That when I go to the dentist to get a cavity filled.
They end up asking at some point or another.
Once they're done filling it, polishing it whatever.
If all feels normal.

And I always think....
How can I tell if this feels normal?
Half my mouth is numb.
I can't feel half of what I'm doing.
So....is it normal? Who knows!!

In any case.
I went to the dentist to get a couple of backtoback cavities filled in teeth 28&29.
(yay for anatomy class. I know where those are.)

And like usual.
I get numbed.
And like usual.
Once the Dentist got to drilling to get the cavity out.
I would feel zings.
Because why?
Some of my tooth still had feeling that's why.

Thankfully it wasn't bad zings.
More of the irritating 'nails on chalk board' sort of zings.
Honestly though, I feel like my mouth must not be a normal mouth.
Because numbing the 'usual' spots doesn't always numb what its supposed to numb. *shakes head*
Who knows.

In any case.
Once the fillings were finished.
We got to the agonizing process of figuring out when my bite has become normal again.
Which involves a lot of polishing off of the excess filling.
Lots of biting on the paper thing to see what areas are still high.
Trying to explain to the dentist what you're feeling, and where you're feeling the 'oddness' of your bite.
And more polishing.

I've been a bit more careful to ensure that my bite always feels as great as possible before we leave.
As I once thought it was all fine and dandy.
And ended up being miserable for a couple of months because somewhere, the filling was too high and it was bugging my other teeth and making it hard to chew comfortably. -it took me a couple of months or so to accept that it wouldn't get 'worn down' over time.
Silly me. lol.

This particular filling.
I was even more particular about ensuring that they were fine.
Why?

Because of tooth 4.
The tooth that's basically right above the two fillings area.
As you see.
Tooth four is the 'problem tooth' of my teeth family.
It's always very particular and also particularly sensitive in things. Like cold and hot (on occasion) and how it feels when it's forced to be next to the bottom teeth.

So. I had to make doubly extra triple sure that tooth 4 was happy.
As I really don't want to have to return to the dentist to make it happy in a week or so because it decides it's not happy.

So I was doing a lot of 'The front edge feels to high." "Now the back is too high." "No, the outside edge still feels slightly high."
At least the Dentist understood what I meant.
lol
It was amusing for me to tell him something felt high.
And have him test with his paper strip thing.
And discover that I was right. It was high!
lol. He always sound so surprised that I can be sensitive to little spots like that.

But hey....
it's my mouth.
And you're asking me if it feels normal.
So of course I'm going to ensure that it feels normal.

Surprisingly, even with me being ocd about ensuring the bite was normal.
The appointment was a short one compared to other times I've been. Only 45 minutes. :) Usually I feel like I'm there for an hour and a half at least. lol.

And the best news.
My bite feels normal!
Like I said, not always easy to tell when half your face is numb.
But all teeth are happy.

Even if my jaw is still a bit sore from where I got shot with the numbing stuff.... ;)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment