Tuesday, October 25, 2022

A Jumpstart

It feels like this has become a more common occurence over the last couple of years....though in reality I've probably only done it like...maybe 6 times in 2 years? So like thrice a yearish? So it's not that often it happens.

But it feels like it happens a lot.

In that we have customers who end up having their cars die in the parking lot and need someone to jumpstart their car.

Like....do other stores get this problem?? Or is it just our parking lot?

In any case.

Most of the time when someone comes into the store asking if anyone here can jump their car.

I'm the one to volunteer.

Mostly because I'm probably the only one who has jumper cables in their car. Heh. (Thanks Daddoo. A Christmas Present that's come more in handy than expected.) 

So today.

I had one of our Bathers come up to me asking if I knew anyone with jumper cables who would be able to jumpstart a car. As one of our grooming customers. An older woman. Had just finished getting her dog groomed, but couldn't get her car to start.

So I volunteered.

Since I had the cables in my car. And I was free at that moment to go help out.

So I went out to her car, to check it out, and then moved my car over to her car.

-Which ha. Old car helping to jumpstart a new car. Funny.

In any case.

Grabbed the jumper cables. Figured out how to get her hood open and used Google to refresh myself on the procedure on how to safely attach the cables and what order to place the cables in. 

And after a few false starts with the battery. We managed to get her car running again! Woot!

Though she was still a bit worried about the car as the dashboard dials were acting a bit wonky and a flashing 'wrench' symbol was showing up on her dashboard. So I ended up giving her directions to a nearby Jiffy Lube as she was reluctant to drive home on the freeway when her car was acting off and the Jiffy was like a mile and a half up the road from us. So should be safe enough to get her there to make sure everything was fine with it and such.

But yah.

I helped the lady jump her car.

Which again. No big deal.

But she thought it was a big deal.

Big enough to give me a bit of a tip for helping her out.

And like. Sure. Tips come every now and then from customers. But usually it's like...maybe $5? And before today I'd never been tipped for helping to jumpstart a car.

But this lady was so grateful she gave me $40. 

Like. O.o

I tried to decline it. Because seriously. That's ALOT of money to give me. Especially when I didn't....well....like I did things? But like....it didn't seem like that major of a thing? 

But she insisted. Said she wanted to.

So yah.

It still boggles my mind a bit that she was so grateful for my assistance to just give that large of a tip.

It's crazy. But it definitely made my day better because it has been a day. *shakes head*

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment