Saturday, October 22, 2022

Tedious

 The 11-7pm shift is such a twilight zone sort of shift.

It's probably because I haven't worked that shift in a long while as I'm usually needed in the mornings or as like the closing manager.

And this past week I was scheduled the 11-7 shift twice. 

And both days of it were....disorienting in a way.

Because like it's too late to do morning tasks but too early to do closing tasks....and it kinda just leaves you in a limbo if there's not much to do.

Today....today was weird.

Like overall the day felt weird because we got in like the first autumn/winter storm of the season.

It's raining in the valley and snowing in the mountains.

And because of the cloud cover the lighting has just....been off all day. Making time pass strangely.

And work itself was just....it was off.

Because like....I kinda went in expecting to be more petcare focused even though I was scheduled as the mid manager.

Like. My friend was scheduled morning petcare which she hasn't done in nearly a year or so as she couldn't work much in petcare due to being pregnant....so I was going in expecting to be her back up after a fashion since it's her first petcare shift since having her baby.

Because like....it's a lot like riding a bike where you can just get back on. But I wanted to help her out as needed.

That wasn't quite what happened.

Like yes I would help out if she needed it.

But I spent most of my shift doing stocking tasks.

As we had a larger truck come in -which with the oncoming holidays the trucks are probably going to be bigger from here until mid december-

And my head manager wanted me to help finish the last little bit of truck.

Which was like 4 shopping carts filled with product.

Not really a big deal there.

Except TWO of those carts were filled to the brim with leashes,collars,harnesses etc.

And it took AGES to get all that stuff put away.

I mean part of it was due to being pulled away to help out the cashiers and assist customers.

But the carts took aaagggeeeesss to do. Like my entire shift ages.

Which is pathetic in a way.

But at the same time understandable because there had to be a good 100-200 items in each cart that we had to sort and put away. 

It was just....annoying.

And tedious.

Like I haven't minded doing petcare totes and such before.

But the leashes and collars are totally a different beast that I hope I never have to conquer again because Gah. It was tedious. So very tedious. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment