Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Pointless Stress

 I hate when I have to deal with pointless stress.

Like I can already stress myself out easily enough without an unnecessary burden being placed upon my already too tense shoulders.

Today at work we were supposed to have our District Manager drop by.

As there was this PetCare Walk that we -the Head Manager, VP Manager, and I- needed to complete. One of thsoe 'once a year' sort of walks.

-Which joy another walk we have to do. Whatever Corporate is on this year, their fascination with making us 'walk' the store in a variety of different ways multiple times a day with each walk taking anywhere from 10 minutes to multiple hours depending on the walk-- just shows that the corporate people have no idea just how busy we are in the store trying to help customers and do all the other tasks they want us to accomplish in a day. *exhales*

In any case.

This particular PetCare walk, we were told that the DM wanted to walk it with us in the store.

Which it's never fun to have the DM come into the store. Specifically because this particular DM enjoys nitpicking tiny details that in the grand scheme of things don't really matter. It's just nitpicking. 

In any case.

The DM was supposed to come in this afternoon to 'walk' the petcare walk with us.

Only the expected time of their arrival came and went....with no sign of the DM.

And like I said. Having the DM in the store is stressful. My fellow managers are worrying about making sure everything is up to standards. And like I try not to stress, but today our cashiers were...well the 'newbies' and the 'lazy' cashiers. Basically the ones who are too shy to really talk to customers, or the ones who kinda just don't talk to customers unless they absolutely have to.

So it was already stressful in preparing for the DM to come in and be disappointed again by the Cashiers not doing their jobs while on the registers. -aka greeting customers as they walk in-

But with out knowing what to expect with the DM on this walk....this too was stressful.

And all the stress kinda just builds up for me until I get a headache triggered.

Which I did end up getting a headache triggered.....

And it's so annoying because the DM never came in!!!

All this stress. All this worrying. All this plotting and planning.

For nothing.

It was pointless stress. 

And like....it's not like the stress can even go away.

Because there's a chance the DM might come in tomorrow or Thursday instead. 

Which would suck because today was the only day that the HM, VPM, and myself were all in the store together. 

*exhales*

So yah.

Fun times.

I hate it when things 'don't work out' when they're stressful things that trigger migraines.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment