Saturday, October 8, 2022

Gift Giving

 One of my favorite things to do when giving people gifts is to give them something that they didn't realize they needed. 

Today, my sister had her baby shower.

And, having had slight experience through my friend from work when she had her own baby shower, I was well aware that my friend had lamented the fact that she hadn't gotten things that would be useful for motherhood. Like cute clothes and blankets are great. Toys and books are awesome too.

But like....things that help make motherhood easier?? Those were things she was desperately looking for.

And with my friend I went through her registry and got her a variety of things that would help my friend as a mom and not just help the baby.

I went into shopping for my sister's baby shower with the same mindset. Looking through her items for things she would need that others may not get for her. 

One of those things was a little mini fridge. A tiny thing that probably could only hold two or three baby bottles realistically.

But my sister had decided that she would need because she was thinking about late night feedings with the babies and how echoey her house is in general. And she didn't want to accidentally wake up the household going into the kitchen in the middle of the night to get a bottle for the baby. 

But with a mini fridge in the baby's room and such, she'd be able to easily get a bottle from there without disturbing anyone else. 

So along those lines I also got her a set of baby bottles that she wanted as well that were on her list. lol Kinda pointless to have a fridge to hold bottles if there's no bottles to place in them. 

In any case.

One of the items on my friend's baby registry that she'd wanted that I got for her was a "Bottle Warmer" which was a device that would help warm the baby bottles up faster. 

And that item wasn't on my sister's list.

But it seemed like it was a really helpful thing to have on hand also near the baby so you could grab a bottle of milk from the mini fridge and then warm it up in the bottle warmer.

Because it's kinda pointless to try and not wake up the household to grab a bottle from the kitchen fridge/freezer if you have to go into the kitchen anyways to warm up said bottle.

So I figured that would be a complete set. Bottles. A fridge to keep them cold. A warmer to warm them back up!

Lol and it was so great when she opened my gifts to her.

Because she was super excited about the fridge. As I figured she would be. And she was glad to have the bottles.

But she was so shocked to see the bottle warmer.

Why?

Because she literally had placed one on her registry list this morning lol. 

She was like "HOW DID YOU GET THIS SO QUICK?! I PUT THIS ON MY LIST TODAY!"

And I had to be like: "I got it before you put it on your list." lol. Because again, I had slight experience with my friend and was trying to think of something my sister would need that wasn't on her list.

Funnily enough the bottle warmer I chose to get for my sister -the same one I got for my friend- was also the exact same one that she'd placed on her list. XD lol. 

Best feeling ever. 

Lol as my sister had had a similar insight today or maybe last night in that she would need something to warm up the bottles and that something should probably not be the stove or microwave in the kitchen if she was trying to keep things quiet at night.

So yah.

I love giving surprise gifts that people didn't realize they needed. XD lol. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment