Thursday, October 6, 2022

Power Outage

 The power went out at work today.

Which is mostly notable because the power went out for like half the city due to an issue with the substation. So there was apparently chaos everywhere on the streets as drivers tried to figure out how to use the streetlights that weren't working.

Lucky me...I live nowhere near there and with it being my day off....I got to avoid all the chaos! HA!

At the same time.....I'm kinda miffed that I missed the chaos? Like of course the ONE day I have off is the day the power goes out at work.

And like. I think I just like the idea of having a bonding experience with my coworkers. The "Oh remember when the power went out and we had to do this for customers and did this while we waited for the power to come back on?" 

It was actually surprising to hear that we actually put up a sign to say we were closed due to the power outage. Though I think that was only because original estimates were that the power wouldn't get fixed until NINE PM at night. 

The power actually got turned back on a couple of hours after it went out. So at least it wasn't an all day outage. Just a couple of hours where my coworkers and managers spent doing some deeper cleaning tasks outside that we usually can't get done when the store is open. 

Though I was wondering what we'd end up doing if the power had stayed off all day.

Like with the threat of power coming back on any minute....how long would we have kept my coworkers there before calling it quits for the day? Like there's only so much you can do in a dark building and only so much you can do outside. 

And like how would we have officially closed down the store for the night if the power remained off? Like counting the tills and doing the deposits and the closing paperwork. How would that have all worked out?? I honestly don't know. And I hope to never find out.

But yah. Kinda sad to miss the excitement of being at work when the power wasn't working, but also very very glad that I could miss all the stress involved in dealing with the power outage as well because for management that has to be a total nightmare to get that all figured out and sorted. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment