Tuesday, August 2, 2016

A Return to Anime

So it was like...three years ago? No...probably four years ago now. Yah, around four years ago....geez it may be five now....

Back when I was living in my first apartment complex.
I had a roommate who introduced me to this show that she really liked.

It's called "Case Closed" or "Detective Conan" depending on if you're going by the Japanese or English version of the show.

Which I've probably blogged about before, but since it's been years....

It's a show about a teenage detective -who idolizes Sherlock Holmes- who solves cases using his observational skills and such. But ends up getting into trouble in one of his cases and is given a prototype poison that is meant to kill those who ingest it.
But. There is a rare side effect, where instead of dying, your body shrinks back to how you were when you were Elementary aged, while your mind still remains adult like.
And that's what happened to this character. He becomes a child again.
So now, he's trying to find a cure to get him back to his proper size again, but in the meantime he continues to solve cases that he comes across.

It was one of those shows where the first time I watched it I was like. O.o Huh?
It didn't really grab me, if I recall right.

But then a couple episodes in....I was hooked. :)

I remember that I watched all the English version ones. (like 5 seasons) before switching over to the Japanese versions for a while....

But at some point....
I'm pretty sure it was while I was still in the first apartment complex.
I stopped.

It got too difficult to determine which episode actually came next in the shows.
Plus other things probably got in the way as well.

And I dropped it.
But every now and then, my mind would return to the show.
And I'd idly think about going to find an episode and watching it.

But I never really gave into that thought.

Until the other night when I was browsing through Netflix.

And decided to check out the Anime Section for kicks and giggles to see if it was on there.

()_()
And it was.

Not everything. But there were 52 episodes from the later seasons. (Japanese with English Subtitles)
That I hadn't seen before!!

lol.
So guess what I've been doing for the past week?

Yah.
Watching those 52 episodes. ^^

Ah.
I just finished it today.
And it has me craving more.

Y_Y
I wish I had them all on DVD.
But it's not that easy to find the episodes past Season 5 apparently.
....since that's when they stopped doing them in English.

Which is fine by me. I actually prefer the Japanese voices to most Anime over the English ones. :)

Only...it's hard to find those remaining seasons....or know which season comes in where I suppose. *shakes head*

I mean....there's like over 800 episodes and a bunch of movies. ()_()

Ugh.
I have a lot of catching up to do. lol. :)
....If I ever find a way to watch the remaining episodes.....
I mean....I can always watch them on the internet. But It would be great to just have the DVDs to turn to....

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment