Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Boxing Expectations

I feel kinda pathetic at the moment.
Because I've been back from my vacation for a couple of days now.
And I've yet to touch a single box in my room to unpack it.

The most I've done is clear off my bed so I can sleep there.
But everything else is still piled up around on the floor and in boxes.
I even brought in more boxes -those of books from home.
Because I finally have enough space to be able to bring ALL my books with me instead of just a handful.
lol. Though the purpose of bringing all my books into one spot is also to be able to go through them, and downsize a bit. Get rid of the books I'm not planning to read again or don't want.

In any case.
Off topic.

I need to unpack.
Badly I do.
I have boxes in the kitchen upstairs of dishes and hardgoods to unpack.
I have movies and a TV to set up.
I have everything in my room....

And yet.
I haven't touched it.

Why?
Perhaps part of it is because it's a bit overwhelming.
It's going to be a long case of 'musical things'
As I move items from one spot to another spot to another spot in an effort to get things organized.

And the key word there is Effort.
It takes effort, thinking power, energy....

Which I don't have currently lol.
You'd think I would after spending over a week away and relaxing on a vacation.

But it seems like all that energy reserve disappeared the moment I stepped outside of work the first day back.
Because work was.....well 'awful.'
Not in a "It's burning down" awful.
But just that it was 'energy draining' awful.
The full weight of expectations came back, the annoyance at my lazy coworkers who've only seemed to have gotten lazier came back, the fact that I had to work a 10 hour shift (2 hours longer than normal) because a coworker got delayed at his other job.
Just left me...
Tired. With no 'energy' to 'work' any more.
And guess what?  yah.
Unpacking is work. lol.

But it's also the fact that I have other things on my mind too. Events and such happening.
To the point where I feel that I don't have the 'time' to unpack.
When I actually do.

*shakes head*

I'm hoping that I will get to something before the weekend hits....
But in all reality, knowing myself.
I won't really get into unpacking until next week.....

Hopefully my roommates won't mind.
So far they don't.
My boxed up stuff that isn't in my room isn't currently in the way.
So hopefully they'll be understanding for a little bit longer as I adjust to being in a new place with new expectations. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment