Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Dr. Pepper Cure

So, there I was, at a social gathering with family and friends.

When one of my friends, got my attention.
And asked me if I knew where she could get a soda.
As we weren't in a place that had vending machines.
And she was from out of town.
So she was wondering where the nearest gas station or grocery store was....

Problem was, was that we were like a ten to fifteen minute drive away from the nearest place.
And we had an event starting at that time.
So it wasn't like anyone there could just leave and come back in that time frame.

However, she was desperate to get some caffeine in her. Like from a Pepsi or a Coke.
Because she had a migraine going and just needed something to take the edge off.

I totally know what that feels like. I get headaches a lot myself.
That didn't mean I wanted to go leave and go find a soda for her though....
but then.
I remembered, that my Aunt and Uncle had dropped by a Gas Station to grab drinks on the way up.
So I went over to them and asked them if there were any extra drinks about.

To which they said, Yes.
There were a couple extra Dr. Peppers in the fridge in the building.
So, I asked if I could take one for my friend who was suffering from a headache.
To which they also said yes.

So I went and grabbed it.
And gave it to her.

But she was hesitant to drink it. lol.
As she hadn't tried to drink Dr. Pepper for headaches before.
Usually Coke or Pepsi worked best for her.

However, if she wanted instant relief....this was going to be the best option.
So I finally convinced her to at least try it.
Because there wasn't going to be anything else for a while.

But also because I told her that Dr. Pepper helps out with my own headaches when I get them.
It's my go to drink when I have headaches, really.

So, after getting some ice and such.
She finally took the Dr. Pepper.

A while later I asked her if it had helped.
And she said "Yes! I'm so glad I listened to you! This really worked quick, Thanks."

:D
Haha. I was really relieved that it worked too.
It's good to know that solutions I have for my headaches can help others out too. :D

So in the end we were both able to enjoy the event.
Headache free. :D

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment