Sunday, August 7, 2016

Vertical

Probably the worst thing to say to a person with OCD tendencies is "Make sure it's straight."

lol
So, I'm not usually OCD. I'm sure we all have our moments where we really want things to be organized and straight and in good order.
Me. It really only comes out in Cleaning Checks if I get super paranoid about making sure every single speck of darkness is scrubbed gone.
....Or if I'm organizing my books/dvds as I like those in Alphabetical Order. :)

Today, it came out a little bit.

Because my parents came down to help me out in building some furniture I'd ordered.
Which, to my surprise all arrived pretty much at the same time, allowing us to be able to put together said furniture all on the same day! :D Yay!!
It was a dresser and then a bookcase set that came in four different sections.

Lol.
I definitely left most of the building to my dad with the help of my mom.
Why?
Because the last time I tried to build something....it ended up crooked.
Yah. Crooked bookcase.
Hey, it held my books just fine lol it just leaned about awkwardly.

So this time. I had help. :D

But that didn't mean that I got away with just sitting there watching my parents put together everything.
No. I had the 'fun' task of placing nails and screws into the wood.

Which is where the comment from above comes in. "Make sure it's straight."
haha. For some reason that just set off my OCD alert of "IT HAS TO BE STRAIGHT OR THE WHOLE BOOKCASE IS GOING TO GET DESTROYED AND FALL APART!!!"

Which meant....I took a bit longer than my daddoo did when it came to putting screws and nails into the wood. lol.
He probably could have finished it lickety split.
But with me 'helping' at least we could do more things at once.
And it handily kept me busy but also out of the way. ;) lol.

Don't worry. The OCD thing lasted for like four screws before it faded.
As I like to do things fast.
So when I can't do things fast. OCD of 'it needs to be straight' takes a back seat.
So long as it goes into the wood, and doesn't poke out where it shouldn't on the other end.
It's fine if it's not exactly straight right? lol.

And the end result?!?

Completed bookcases and dresser!!!!
AND!
They stand up straight!
AND!
It won't tip over!! lol. ^^

I'm sooooo excited to fill those shelves up with books and such. Soo excited to be moving into my new place soon.
It's starting to feel a lot like a home now. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi 

Congrats Olympians!! :D
Medal Tally:

12-United States    3 Gold   5 Silver   3 Bronze
8  -China                3 Gold   2 Silver   3 Bronze
7  -Italy                  2 Gold   3 Silver   2 Bronze
7  -Japan                1 Gold                   6 Bronze
6  -Australia          3 Gold                   3 Bronze
5  -Korea               2 Gold   2 Silver   1 Bronze
5  -Russia              1 Gold   2 Silver   2 Bronze
2  -Hungary           2 Gold
2  -Great Britain    1 Gold   1 Silver
2  -Sweden            1 Gold   1 Silver
2  -Thailand           1 Gold                  1 Bronze 
2  -Chinese Taipei 1 Gold                  1 Bronze
2  -Canada                           1 Silver   1 Bronze
2  -Kazakhstan                    1 Silver   1 Bronze
2  -Uzbekistan                                    2 Bronze
1  -Argentina         1 Gold
1  -Belgium           1 Gold
1  -Kosovo            1 Gold
1  -Netherlands     1 Gold
1  -Vietnam           1 Gold
1  -Brazil                             1 Silver
1  -Denmark                        1 Silver
1  -France                            1 Silver
1  -Indonesia                       1 Silver
1  -New Zealand                 1 Silver
1  -Philippines                    1 Silver
1  -North Korea                  1 Silver
1  -South Africa                  1 Silver
1  -Spain                                            1 Bronze
1  -Greece                                          1 Bronze
1  -Poland                                          1 Bronze

No comments:

Post a Comment