Friday, August 26, 2016

The Odd Details

It's funny.
What randomly draws people's attention.
Little things that suddenly become the focus of conversation.

*shakes head*

I was at work, chatting with one of the managers, when another manager came in to work.
And he noticed that the knees of my pants were black.

-Which happens all the time at work.
Because I constantly kneel down on the floor to catch fish from the lower tanks.
So they get blackened from that.

Nothing really to note.
But my manager did.
Asking why my knees were black.
To which I explained that it's from kneeling on the floor.

I thought that the topic would be dropped.
But the next day I came into work and he commented on it again.
-Because I wear the same work pants for a few days before washing them.
So I was still wearing the same pair of pants.

That my knees were still black.

*rolls eyes*

It's interesting that he was commenting on that....
Because I know one of my coworkers has been wearing a pair of pants, that has holes in them.
And its not small holes in the knees -as that happens a lot to our pants when we're constantly kneeling on them.
They're large holes, not in the knees, but in the legs of the pants.

Who knows how long they've been wearing those pants.
A while....I didn't notice right away.
But I don't think any of the managers have noticed it yet.

Like I said...
It's interesting what details are noticed by people.
The manager noticed blackened knees, but not holey pants. *shakes head*
Who knows, maybe the managers have noticed them...and my coworker is just refusing to get another pair of pants. *shrugs*

In any case. We'll see if the manager comments on my pants again today.
As I did wash them.
So the blackened color to the knees isn't as dark now.
but there is still an obvious stain to them. *shakes head*

Guess we'll see.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment