Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Am I a Fish?

It happened a couple of years ago.
I was at work, helping a customer out, with fish I believe, when they told me of an experience they had had after surgery.
They'd been taken home to their room, where one of their kid's had bought them a nice big fish tank. (like 50 gallons) for the customer to look at/watch while they recovered from that surgery. -Because it's relaxing really.

But when the customer had woken up, still kinda out of it due to the drugs they were on, the first thing they saw was that fish tank. 
There was no one else in the room.
And their brain was like. "Oh no. I died in the surgery and became a fish!" 

The customer told me they thought that for like three hours. That they'd become a fish. Why? Because it was a while before anyone decided to check in on the customer and tell them differently.

It was a different sort of customer experience for sure.
Something I hadn't really heard of happening before, and I thought it was an interesting concept.

Around the same time.
It just so happened that I'd recently been to a Studio C thingy, or watched something/saw something.
Where one of the cast said that they actually liked being told ideas for sketches for them to perform. It didn't mean that they would always use the ideas, but they did like people telling them ideas. 
Which was something I kinda was like "Oh cool, I wish I could tell them something." 

Sometime after the customer event....whether it was a few days, a couple weeks, or even months later I have no idea...
But I was at work.
And what do you know, one of the Studio C cast members came into the store.
Why?
To buy food for their dog. 

It's not the first time I've seen members of the cast at work.
A member of the cast actually came in to return a cat that our adoption group had agreed to let them borrow for a sketch they were working on. (Did they ever make a video out of this sketch, I have no idea.) 

But I saw this Studio C cast member. 
And remembered what they'd said about being open to being told ideas.

And so I shyly approached them, and was like. "You're from Studio C right? I have an idea for a sketch." And I proceeded to say something like. "What if a person wakes up from surgery and the first thing they see is a fish tank full of fish and they think that they died and became a fish?" 

I thing the guy (Jeremy) might have been like. "Huh, that's a cool idea." or something like that. 

But...nothing really came of it. I kinda figured that it had been forgotten. lol. 
But hey I tried.

And time passed. 

And a couple of days ago, on my facebook timehop thingy. My post about the customer experience popped up. And so I shared it again, because really it's one of those unique interactions you don't always get at work. lol. 

Only for one of my friends to comment saying something like "Funny, Studio C just posted a sketch about this scenario!" 
And I was like ()_() WHAT?!?!

I go to check it out.
And guess what?
Yah.

They finally used my idea for a sketch!! 
WHAT?!?!?!?! 
lol cue excited squealing and jumping around in excitement. 
Like...they remembered it? They created a sketch for it? They remembered it?! WHAT?! 

Definitely made my night lol. :) 

Here's the video of the sketch for any of you interested in checking it out. It's called "Am I a Fish?"



Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment