Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Holed Up

I've been holed up in my room for the past three days.
Why?
Because I've been writing.
And it's been awesome!!! :D lol 

Having the time and the energy and the focus to actually just get a story out?

It's been more than thrilling lol. 

Because more often than not, when I get home from work...I'm both physically and mentally exhausted.
And it gets rather difficult to pull up enough focus to well...think.
Because writing takes ALOT of thinking.
A lot of rephrases, editing, additions, etc.

Especially because the stories in your head never end up quite the same on paper.

Scenes you thought would be quick and easy...end up taking up four chapters.
Ideas on how a scene will go get tossed out as a character takes things in a totally different direction.

Then of course, there's the worry of how the scene is reading, is there enough detail, are the characters acting in character, do I even need this part?

It's sooo time consuming lol.
I can spend like an entire day on a single chapter.

*shrugs* Mostly because my writing speed is currently at like one page in an hour....if I'm lucky lol. 
(I'll get faster the more I do this. *fingers crossed*) 

Still. 
The feeling of accomplishment.
When I get to the end of the chapter.
When I get the story to an end point in general.

Is so thrilling.
Exhilarating. 

I'm so grateful I have this week off of work.
Because writing like this.
Ah. 
It's been a struggle.
But it's been the best thing ever!!

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment