Saturday, October 14, 2017

A New BreakRoom

It's amazing the crazy that can happen in one day when you're not at work.

So I walked into work this morning, and clocked in. 
Only to be greeted by one of my coworkers who was like "Have you seen the new breakroom?!" 
And I was like. O.o Huh?

Because one...new breakroom? Like...did we get a new one built? Did I mishear? How could we have a 'new' breakroom when I'd only been away from work for one day! I mean Thursday the breakroom had been normal, but now it's 'new?' 

Turns out I didn't mishear.
Apparently during our last major DM visit when our DM has brought a training DM into the store. The Trainee had commented that our breakroom looked....well sad. Unwelcoming. Uninviting. 
And so the DM was like "Make your break room more inviting." 

Which....it's a break room....at work....in a pet store. Why in the world does it need to be inviting? You're just going in there to escape from people.  *shakes head* 

In any case.
Apparently yesterday our Head Manager came in. 
And did just that. 

He repainted the entire room -so now it's a bright shiny white. 
And then moved things around.
And bought some carpet
As well as some reclining lawn chairs. ---I don't know how else to describe them, but they're those types of chairs where you just relax in them at like a beach or a porch or something.

So it's been totally disorienting. 
lol. 
I kinda felt like I walked into a twilight zone. 
*shakes head*

In any case.
The one benefit to the new chairs...
Is that it's semi-easier to relax in them.
And so I chose them to hang out in.
-Mostly because my swivel desk chairs I usually sit in in that room were missing and the cold metal chairs are hardly inviting. 

I didn't think much about the spot I chose to relax in.
I mean. I did my usual break thing of scrolling through some internet tabs for a lil bit and then curling up to take a nap. 
Because being social throughout work is draining and so I use my breaks to regain a little bit of energy.

I didn't think much of it.

Until the head manager asked me over the our walkie-talkie radio things....if I had taken my nap on them. Or if I had chosen to sit in the old metal chairs.
To which I was like. "Yah, sat in the new ones. They could use some pillows." 

lol....well...if no one else knew I took naps at work...everyone who had a radio now does lol.

In any case.
Apparently half of the reason my manager chose the chairs he did, was so that people could relax in them, and yes. Take a nap lol.
"Isn't it better than curling up in a ball on the desk chair?" 

lol. Semi better. 
At least the deskchair had soft padding lol. 
But the lawnchairs definitely have more room to them.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment