Sunday, October 29, 2017

Midday Energy Nightmare

I've said this before, and I know I'll say it again, because I say it every single Saturday in my journal.
But I hate working the midday shift at work on a Saturday.

Literally it's my least favorite shift ever. 
Why?
Because it's 8 full hours of straight customer service.
And I am not a social butterfly. I can't do 8 hours of customer service and not die at the end of the night. 
I hate that I have to spend my entire day at work.
I get in just before the lunch rush, and then stay until an hour before close.
And it's horrible.
Just stupidly horrible.
I can't do anything before, I can't really do anything after.

The midday shift is a shift from the devil because honestly. Who wants to spend the ENTIRE DAY at work? 
Not. Me. 

I much prefer the morning shifts where I get off at a reasonable hour and I can still do stuff after work without feeling tired.

Saturday shifts?
No, I get home from work and basically die. 
Which sucks.
Because I want to be able to write. 
And I can't write when I'm so fatigued from having to interact with people that I can't think straight. 

Honestly...I hope as this year draws to a close, there will be another switch up in scheduling. So that I can get away from this midday shift and actually feel like I have a bit of a weekend to go and play. 
*exhales*
Fingers crossed.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment