Wednesday, October 4, 2017

I Made The Mess

So the other day I was cooking in the kitchen. Making a simple dinner of Mac&Cheese for me and my sister. 
One of my other roomies and her boyfriend were also in the kitchen, finishing up making their meal when I first came up to make my own meal. 

Since they were just finishing up with the stove, I slipped in and grabbed a pot and filled it with water, setting it on the stove and turning it on so the water would boil, and then I walked away from the stove to sit at the kitchen table and wait, while my roomie and her boyfriend finished up in the kitchen.

And my roommate goes to the stove, sees the pot there, and the stove on and is like "Honey! You can't just leav---"as she goes to pick it up.

I interrupt. "Roomie! That's mine. I'm making dinner." 

Because apparently she hadn't noticed that I was in the kitchen because I was wanting to make my own food. Which is a fair assumption as I don't often cook, and I more often just come up to the kitchen to chat with them. 

She was like. "Oh. I wondered why it was still filled with water." 

lol And I was like. Silly roomie. But understandable as she was distracted with other things.

I continued to chat with them as the water began to boil, as I poured the macaroni in, as I stirred it, as I poured the water out of the drain, and put in the butter and milk and cheese packet, as I separated the mac&cheese into two bowls and set the spoon on the counter by the sink before taking the food over to Kikay who'd come up and was sitting on the couch in the living room nearby. And gave her her food and sat with her to eat dinner together.

Which was about the point that my roomie and her boyfriend had finished eating...and were cleaning up.

And when my roomie got to the sink, she saw the dirty spoon I'd used for the Mac&Cheese
Picked it up.
Turned to her boyfriend, holding it up and was like. "Sweetheart, when was the last time we made mac and cheese? Why did we not clean this before?"

I was like: "Roomie" 
She turned to look at me and Kikay and I both held up our bowls tilting them so she could see inside. "I made the Mac and Cheese." 
She was like. "OH." 

*shakes head* 
lol it was kinda amusing really, as I always find it a bit fascinating what people tend to notice/observe/see when they're in any given situation.

It was interesting that my roomie could be in the same space as me, eating dinner and such, and know that I was making food, but not piece together that a random dirty spoon would belong to me and that I'd been using it only moments earlier. 

Granted...I spent all day with my sister and didn't realize she was wearing glasses until the end of the day lol. Sooo it makes sense that depending on the situation, we notice some things and don't notice others. :) 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment