Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Less Crowded

So this past weekend I went down to my favorite Red Rock country to finally take in some red rock energy and hike my feet off. lol. 

And it was great!!!
For being a supposedly 'busy weekend' Arches National Park actually wasn't that crazy for the most part. It was definitely less crowded than I expected it to be. Because well...it was UEA weekend. Things always go crazy on long weekends.

But I think that the fact that there were a couple other events happening at the same time in the area helped to lessen the crowds.

Which was great.
Because me, I don't like crowds.

I prefer hiking in mostly silence (I admit I have my moments of being chatty), and enjoy listening to the nature around me.

And that's really hard to do if you have a pair of gabbygabbies walking right behind you or right in front of you talking the entire time. It kinda just leaves me...semi-stressed out. Because did I want to hear your conversation? No. No I did not. I want to hear the nature. 

It's also really stressful when you get those sort of people that just kinda...zing you the wrong way. Their energy just...feels wrong and you don't want to be near them.

Or those people who never want to leave your side....like you keep yo-yoing with them.

Which we'd stop to let the people behind us pass and get their energy away from us...only for them to stop a little ways further on...which would mean we'd pass them again and have to either keep walking faster to get away from them (which often meant they would walk faster too) or else we'd have to stop and wait for them to pass us. (sooo frustrating.) 

So the fact that we barely encountered it this past weekend...
Was simply amazing. 

I loved the feel of leaving the 'cacophony' behind. 
It often happened that we'd have to walk through the 'buzzing bees' in the easier parts of the hike, but when we turned to different more difficult trails...the silence was almost instantaneous. 
It was great. ^^ 

So happy that I made it down there this year. ^^ So. Very. Happy. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment