Friday, October 6, 2017

Engine Trouble?

There's an interesting thing about timing.
How leaving earlier or leaving later than planned can cause you to run into people who wouldn't have otherwise seen, avoid accidents you could have been in....

So Yesterday it was the end of my work shift.
It was literally the end of my shift, where I basically just needed my coworker to come relieve me and I could go clock out.
And a woman walked into the store, asking if we knew of anyone who'd be able to help jumpstart her van...as it had died. 
She had the cables and everything, she just needed someone to pull up their car next to hers so she could use the battery to jumpstart her own.

A glance at my watch, told me I was able to go clock out. So I told the woman that I just needed to clock out as I was off right then and I could come bring my car next to hers.

Which I did.

Though...oddly enough, I'm not sure she actually needed my help?
As I pulled up my car next to hers, turned off the engine, popped the hood, and her friend put the cables on the battery and said "Start the car." 
So I went to start the car,
But before I could...the woman turned the key in her own car, thinking that the statement had been for her. 
And the car started...before I turned my own engine on. 
Soo....
Either the battery sent enough of a charge to jumpstart a car....or her car randomly decided to start because I was present. 
*shakes head*
I did turn on my car for good measure, but it didn't run more then five seconds before they were like "Okay you're good! Thanks for your help!" 
I was like. O.o ..."You're welcome?" 
And to be sure I double checked. "Do you need me any further?" 
"No." Was their response. 

So I shrugged, closed the hood, got back in my car, and took off. 
Hoping that her car wouldn't die as soon as I left. *shakes head*

In any case.
As I was driving home, approaching the last light focused on the car in front of me that was driving 5mph under the speed limit. >.< (I dislike cars that can't drive at least at the speed limit.) 
Which they were slowing down to pull into the turn lane. 
And it just happened to be that this car and another car in the other lane were driving like at the same speed, meaning no other cars could pass.
And there was this almost-van type car, that had roared up on my right side wanting to pass apparently. 
I'd thought they actually were going to turn right as we approached the light -as their line ended in a 'right turn only' lane. 
Only suddenly, I was noticing that their car was getting too close to my car. 
They were trying to merge in my lane! While I WAS STILL THERE! 
I hit the brakes, and honked. Managing to avoid getting hit. 

Seriously. I doubt they even checked to see if there was a car in their blind spot. But hey *rolls eyes* At least they used their blinker, even though I couldn't see it as they were to the side of me, and for whatever reason didn't decide to slow down and merge behind me. 
*shakes head* 

At least I'm safe and no damage done.
Still...I wonder if I hadn't stopped to help the woman...would I have still almost have been in an accident? It's possible...as I would have delayed in leaving anyway to talk to coworkers....so who really knows. 

But at least I was able to help a woman out in her time of need. :) 
That probably worked in my favor somehow. ^^;;

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment