Friday, October 13, 2017

'Scuse Me

It's always for the most random reasons that strangers decide to start talking to me.
You know, when I'm not at work, because strangers randomly decide to talk to me all the time there. ;) lol.

No, today I was out doing a quick bit of grocery shopping to grab a few items for the dinner my roomie was making tonight.
And I paused by the gift cards kiosk to check them out to see if there was anything there I could get for a friend. 

But standing there in front of the section I wanted to look at was a guy. 
Blocking like the entire thing as he too peered at the gift cards. 

And unfortunately for me, the gift card I thought I could use....was right where he was standing.
So I was like "Excuse me." As I reached in front of him to grab the gift card I thought I wanted, looking more closely at it to ensure that it was indeed what I wanted.
To which the guy was like "Oh sorry."
And I was like. "You're good." 

But then the guy continued to try and talk to me.
"That's a gift card! You use it to give to people as gifts. Not the best thing but it works." 
"Mhmmm." ...I ignored him. Because a) I already know what they are thank you very much. and b) The person in mind I don't know as well, so going for a gift card because, hey, they can buy what they want to buy. 
"You must be new around here." He tried again.
I shook my head, still focused on the gift card. "I'm not actually." 
"Oh, you're from happy valley?" 
"Yah." I mean, I live here currently, but I grew up a couple valleys over. 
"Do you go to the college?"
"Used to."
"Houston?" He repeated. "Oh, Used to. You used to go to college." 
I looked up then, giving him my customer service smile. "Yep. I graduated." 
"Oh. Cool. I'm in my second year myself."
"That's cool!" I replied with my customer service voice, returning my attention to the gift card.

lol. 
He left soon after to talk to someone else. Not sure if it was family or strangers, but he left me alone. 

*shakes head*
Such a weird encounter.
I have the most random weird encounters with people. 
*shakes head*

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment