Friday, February 9, 2018

A Curse?

So yesterday at work was 'fun.' 
Mostly in that...well...I ended up having to stay late at work.
Again.
By like an Hour.
Because I'm nice and didn't have plans for after work (besides my usual 'i wanna go write' sort of plans) 

The reason for me staying late?
My replacement coworker....had thought that they had the day off today.
So when the time came for them to show up and relieve me.... They weren't there. 
And weren't ready to come right to work when the manager called them to see where they were. 
(Gotta love laundry days) 
So it ended up being an hour before I could go home.

Which isn't that big of a deal.
Except that was an hour on top of having to work my entire shift by myself.
As we're short 3 people in my department now. XP 
Which means we're stretched rather thin.
So entire shift by myself? Check. 

But because I was working by myself.
My ability to...play nice and stay cheerful was...well wearing a bit thin. 

But my manager brought up an interesting question after discovering I would need to stay late until my replacement could show up.

He was like "Is there a curse on you or something? Because it seems like no one can manage to come in on time when they're scheduled to replace you." 

Honestly....I'm wondering the same thing.

Because really, it's gotten to the point where I'm surprised when someone shows up to work on time. 
I've gotten quite used to people showing up 10-20 minutes late to their shifts.
At least....when they're replacing me.

I honestly haven't paid much attention to when they're showing up for other shifts in other departments.

But it certainly does feel like I'm the only one who has to deal with coworkers not being on time to their shifts so I can go home. 

Really...I hope our new hires when we get more people, will be more of the 'on time' sort of folks.
Because really...I would love to clock out and leave my job on time. That would be so nice. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment