Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Last Minute Ditherers

I've decided that any shift of mine that ends after like 3pm....is torture.
*shakes head*
Especially if things go really well with opening and we get all the tasks done early....and then there's no customers in the store....like it's just a recipe for boredom. *exhales*

In any case.
The most annoying thing about slow days at work, when there's nothing to do, and no one to help.

Is that you're literally just standing there, staring at the clock, watching the seconds tick by until you're free.

And nearly every single time.
When there's like five minutes left. Maybe even a minute....
There's that customer that shows up.
A needy one.

A customer that you wouldn't have had to deal with otherwise if your coworkers would show up on time for once so you could clock out on time....

But a customer...who like...just takes a ton of your time.
Only...you don't realize it at the beginning of the interaction that they're going to take forever.

So when your coworker does show up. You're like "Oh, go help these other people I can finish with this customer."

Only come to find out that the customer....can't decide anything quickly, or suddenly adds more things to catch than you'd thought they wanted.....so the supposed five minute interaction you thought you were going to get....ends up being like 20 minutes of interaction because you can't pull your coworker in to take over for you cus guess what...there's suddenly a rush of other people needing help too...and you're just kinda stuck....

Yah that happened today.
Right at the end of my shift, maybe five minutes after I was supposed to be off but I couldn't leave because my coworker hadn't yet shown up to replace me.... 
I had a customer come into the store with a simple request.
He'd called earlier (like 2 or three hours earlier) asking if we had ghost shrimp in.

Which he was very lucky, because I'd had like three other customers before him asking for ghost shrimp as well, and I figured that one of those ones had been the customer I'd heard another coworker talking to on the phone about if we had any in stock. 

So I was like "Oh, easy customer. Just catch the ghost shrimp and we're good. I got this." 

Nope. 
>.< 
The dude was like. *Stares at tank for two minutes* I want......yah.....all the ghost shrimp. 
So I catch them,
Only to see him staring into another tank 
"Anything else I can grab?"
"Yah I need...." *stares at tank for literally 2 minutes*
I think he was trying to count the fish. 
"I need..." *points to tank* "........three of these...." 
"Algae eaters?"
"No the...." *gestures* "....of the danios." 

Which cool. I can catch those quick too. 

But guess what. >.< Dude decided he needed like five other fish as well.
But would only decide that he wanted more fish after he stared into the tanks for a while. After I was nearly ready to bag up the fish already caught, he'd decide he wanted more.

So like the supposed 5 minute interaction?
Left me clocking out 20 minutes late today. >.<
Because there were like four other people in the fish section at that time, so my coworker was helping them out while I was helping this guy get the fish he wanted. 
*exhales* 

So. Much. Fun. 
Not. 

I just wanted to go home by that point.
Like I just spent the last 4 hours being bored out of my mind trying to find things to do. 
And the customers had to decide to all show up and be needy 5 minutes after I was supposed to clock out. 
*exhales* 
Talk about torture. Just let me go home. Please? Thanks. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

Congrats Olympic Medalists!

Norway:                     13 Gold   11 Silver     9 Bronze     33 Total
Germany:                   12 Gold     7 Silver     5 Bronze     24 Total
Canada:                        9 Gold     5 Silver     7 Bronze     21 Total
United States:              7 Gold     7 Silver     6 Bronze     20 Total
Netherlands:                6 Gold     6 Silver     4 Bronze     16 Total
France:                        5 Gold     4 Silver     5 Bronze     14 Total
O.A. from Russia:                       4 Silver     9 Bronze     13 Total 
Austria:                       5 Gold     2 Silver     5 Bronze     11 Total
Switzerland:                3 Gold     6 Silver     2 Bronze     11 Total
Japan:                          3 Gold     5 Silver     3 Bronze     11 Total
Sweden:                      5 Gold     5 Silver                           9 Total
Republic of Korea:     4 Gold     3 Silver      2 Bronze       9 Total
Italy:                            3 Gold     2 Silver     4 Bronze       9 Total
China:                                         5 Silver     2 Bronze       7 Total
Czech Republic:          1 Gold    2 Silver     3 Bronze       6 Total
Great Britain:              1 Gold                      3 Bronze       4 Total
Finland:                                                        4 Bronze       4 Total
Slovakia:                     1 Gold     2 Silver                          3 Total
Australia:                                    2 Silver     1 Bronze       3 Total
Belarus:                       1 Gold    1 Silver                           2 Total
Poland:                        1 Gold                      1 Bronze       2 Total
New Zealand:                                               2 Bronze       2 Total
Spain:                                                           2 Bronze       2 Total
Ukraine:                      1 Gold                                            1 Total
Slovenia:                                    1 Silver                           1 Total
Kazakhstan:                                                  1 Bronze       1 Total

Latvia:                                                          1 Bronze       1 Total
Liechtenstein:                                               1 Bronze       1 Total

No comments:

Post a Comment