Saturday, February 17, 2018

Getting Out On Time

It's always fun to try and get out of work on time.
Because it's nearly impossible for me to do so.
Most of the time it's due to coworkers coming in late. And I can't really leave unless my replacement shows up. 
But other times it's because I get stuck with a customer at the last moment, or like a mob of people all deciding to need my help at once...and I'm by myself (because coworker hasn't shown up yet or is busy elsewhere) and soo....I kinda get stuck there until the customers are all helped/satisfied. 

So the managers have been a little bit more time conscious recently.
Trying to make sure that no one is going over their scheduled hours. 
Which, last week, resulted me in leaving work early so that I could get my hours back down to their scheduled amount. 
Today the manager was like "Sarnic, you gotta clock out exactly on schedule otherwise you're going to go over." 
To which I was like. "Yah, no problem." 
Why wasn't it a problem?
Because I already had a coworker scheduled in the department, which meant I didn't have to wait for the next coworker to show up. (as I had a coworker due to come in when I was off as well) So I could just leave them in charge and go clock out.

And knowing that people like to demand my help last second.
I was going to head over to the clock out room a couple of minutes early so that I could clock out right on time. 

*exhales*
But you know plans....they never work out exactly as you think they will.

We got hit with a rush within the last half hour of work. 
Like everywhere.
Not just in my department but the rest of the store too.
My coworker was busy helping first with cats, and then catching birds --which when I walked by she had like...twenty people all crowded around the bird cages waiting.... 
I had no idea if suddenly 5 or 6 people (and friends/family) decided they wanted birds at the same time.
-Which has happened before. Though in the 2-3 people at the same time range.
Or if it was like one or two big groups of people so my coworker was only needing to catch like a couple of birds. 
*shrugs*

I was keeping an eye on the clock.
And ten minutes to I was like "Hey can I get backup at the fish wall so I can go clock out?" 
Nothing.
I was stuck helping with fish by myself.
Five minutes to. Again I asked if I could get backup....
But my coworker was still stuck at birds.

And the customer I was helping was being rather indecisive and taking their sweet time in picking out the fish they wanted for their tank.
Totally unaware that I wanted them to hurry up so I could go clock out. 
But as I was bagging up the last of their fish...
Another wave of customers showed up.
And I was like "You guys doing alright?"
And they were like "Yah we want fish! But we're still deciding." 
So I was like "Cool! Just let one of us know when you're ready!" 
And left the fishwall and the other customers potentially needing help. 
I was like "Hey, Manager, I'm going to go clock out." Cus you know...you told me to clock out on time and I'm doing that. "But I left a bunch of people at the fish wall. They're going to need help soon."
The manager was like "Okay, I'll come cover."
Because my coworker was still working on catching birds. Poor coworker. 

But like...as I was walking out the doors a couple of minutes later....
There were still a ton of people milling about...unhelped at the fish wall....
Thankfully it looked like it was about to get taken care of as I saw a coworker -the one due to come in as I was off- rushing over to help So yay!

And in the end?
*exhales*
I clocked out a minute late.
:( 
Foo.
But I tried! So. At least it was only a minute late and not like...twenty.... *shrugs* There's only so much I can do when customers come into the store needing help. ^^;; 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

Congrats Olympic Medalists!!!

Norway:                     7 Gold     8 Silver     7 Bronze     22 Total
Germany:                   9 Gold     4 Silver     4 Bronze     17 Total
Canada:                      5 Gold     5 Silver     5 Bronze     15 Total
Netherlands:               6 Gold     5 Silver     2 Bronze     13 Total
United States:             5 Gold     2 Silver     2 Bronze       9 Total
Austria:                       3 Gold     2 Silver     4 Bronze       9 Total
Japan:                          1 Gold     5 Silver    3 Bronze        9 Total
O.A. from Russia:                       2 Silver    7 Bronze        9 Total
Sweden:                      4 Gold     3 Silver                           7 Total
France:                        3 Gold     2 Silver     2 Bronze       7 Total
Switzerland:                2 Gold     4 Silver     1 Bronze       7 Total
Italy:                           2 Gold      1 Silver    3 Bronze        6 Total
Republic of Korea:     3 Gold                      2 Bronze        5 Total
China:                                         4 Silver     1 Bronze       5 Total
Great Britain:             1 Gold                       3 Bronze       4 Total
Slovakia:                    1 Gold      2 Silver                          3 Total
Australia:                                    2 Silver     1 Bronze       3 Total
Finland:                                                        3 Bronze       3 Total
Belarus:                      1 Gold     1 Silver                           2 Total
Spain:                                                           2 Bronze       2 Total
Poland:                       1 Gold                                             1 Total
Slovenia:                                    1 Silver                           1 Total
Kazakhstan:                                                  1 Bronze       1 Total
Liechtenstein:                                               1 Bronze       1 Total

No comments:

Post a Comment