Monday, January 18, 2021

A New Merch Card

So.

I ended up on the register to help back up my cashier.

And the first customer I help is a guy who wants to buy two products -which looks like a dog ramp and dog stairs? I didn't actively look at the products- 

Which yah, easy peasy because that's what you're there at the register for, to help customers pay for items they want to purchase.

But then the dude wanted to use a merchandise card. Which again, not too complicated.

No, what ended up making the situation more complicated was that the guy apparently wanted to buy the two products, use the merchandise card, and then return both products and get the money back on a NEW merchandise card and not the same one he had been using before.

Why?

Because at some point. Someone -which I heard it was the cashier, but also heard it was the dude's wife--had peeled/scratched off the silver sticker hiding the security code on the merch card....and the customer didn't like that it had been revealed. He didn't want that information 'known' to the public.

Which O_o?? Okay? Like...we barely look at those little number sequences unless something is wrong with the card. And like...most people don't look at merch cards because most people keep gift/merch cards out of site in their wallets or purses. 

So like....I didn't understand why he was so set upon getting a brand new merchandise card.

--I also had no idea if he'd returned the items originally earlier...and then after wandering the store discovered the silver cover had been removed from that code area....or if this had happened a different day.

Regardless.

He wanted a new gift card.

And had apparently gotten super upset at a different manager who'd been trying to help him elsewhere in the store over it.

And had also been upset at his wife.

And had also apparently looked like he wanted to spit at our other cashier for...who knows why...taking too long at the register? 

Overall. Dude was an angry man if so much was getting him upset.

I wasn't in the mood to argue with him though over his paranoia and how the current merchandise card would be just fine. 

No, I did what he requested and let him buy the items with the merchandise card and then returned the products and placed them back on a different merchandise card that hadn't been 'messed with' and sent the dude on his merry way.

*shakes head*

Some customers have the oddest concepts. 

Like I get why he'd be concerned about the card being stolen as it was like $200 that was placed on that merchandise card.

but unless you're actively scanning said card through the registers at my job...it's not like it's gonna be worth anything. Like...I'm not even sure if it would work at our online store...though I haven't tested that theory yet. 

*shakes head* I don't get it. But whatever. At least I got through the transaction with minimal difficulties compared to my other managers and coworkers. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment