Thursday, January 14, 2021

I Remember You

It's one of those moments when I realize that I've been dealing with far too many...well...bad customers....when my first reaction to having a customer be like "Oh, I remember you!"

Is to worry that the customer remembers me for a negative reason.

Which in retrospect is a silly worry to have.

As I do my best to keep my interactions with customers more positive and helpful than negative.

But with all the anti-maskers I've had to deal with over the past year....it's hard to know just how positive an impression I've left with them.

It didn't help that this particular customer I was helping to check out was one that had come into the store not wearing a mask...they ended up putting one on before I helped them out, though I'm not sure if they were asked by another coworker to put on a mask or if they remembered to grab one themselves.

In any case, them remembering me was rather...intimidating.

Like did they remember that I had asked them to wear a mask during a different visit? Were they gonna be mad at me?!

No such thing.

*shakes head*

Really, I'm pretty sure customers only remember me because I was really helpful to them....at least most customers are this way. And many probably only remember me from repeat encounters.

This customer....apparently I'd helped them before. In a good way.

They were very complimentary at the register.

Saying that I had a good personality. You know...the helpful customer service sort of personality that helps customers have a good time in the store. That I had a good energy and good attitude and such.

lol it was a relief that they remembered me for a positive thing. 

Though still quite nerve wracking to actually realize that customers do remember me past their initial experience in the store lol.

It's weird to be known.

So weird.

Hopefully though I can continue to leave a positive influence on most of the customers that come through our doors. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves. 
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment