Saturday, January 16, 2021

A Mostly Slow Day

I wasn't sure how this Saturday would go.

Because like...last Saturday at work? It was crazy busy. You couldn't get anything done whatsoever because there were so many people in the store. 

It felt like it was the weekend before Christmas with how many people came in to buy things.

But thankfully, this Saturday seemed to follow more of the normal 'after Christmas' trend. 

Where it was pretty much dead in the morning, and then it only started getting busier towards the afternoon. 

It was a relief in a way. To have it be slow. As it was one of those weeks where I've just been feeling the January blues. 

The disappointment that my goals for the year aren't taking shape in the way I hoped and I'm treading water as I figure out how to do things.

So to have work not go too crazy on me on the busiest day of the week was much appreciated.

However...I did discover some craziness happened while I was away from work.

As apparently yesterday it was announced that our District Manager...is no longer with the company. 

Which?????

Huh? What?!

This person has been working for the company for over a decade....and then they're suddenly not? *shakes head* It's suspicious. Highly suspicious since apparently the last word we heard from them was that they were having trouble accessing the computer system with their passwords and that we'd need to contact them by phone if there were any issues.

And then next we hear is that they're no longer with the company and that a DM from a different nearby area will be temporarily covering our area as well until a new DM for our region can be found. 

Like. O_o.

It's highly suspect.....and I hate that corporate is always super tight-lipped about why people leave. 

Like...did they quit? Were they fired? What did they do?! 

More than likely we'll never find out. Which is also irritating because like...how can you learn what not to do if you're not told what was done wrong to make it so that the person was 'no longer with the company?' 

So stressful. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment