Monday, January 4, 2021

Where I'm From

It's a comment I've gotten more than a few times. From people who come into the store without masks.

It goes something along the lines of "Oh, we don't have to wear masks where I'm from."

Which 'where they're from' usually means somewhere south of my store's location.

As we do have customers come from up to 4 hours away to come see us. 

As the southern half of my state is rather void of pet stores. At least 'good' pet stores.

And the southern half of my state is far more rural than the northern half. 

Small communities of small populations that apparently have little to worry about when it comes to wearing masks.

Which I can see why they'd have less of a concern. They probably don't get many visitors and the visitors they do get probably are just passing through to get to some other location.

But like...we've had a STATE wide Mask Mandate in place since like...i don't know? November? Which indicates that all PUBLIC places need to require people to wear masks.

So it's rather irritating to hear that the southern half of my state seems to be ignoring this mandate.

It's even more annoying when the customer seems to think that just because they don't 'need' to wear masks where they're from...that that means that they're exempt from having to wear masks wherever they go as well.

Like.

How entitled and/or dumb do you have to be to think that?

If a store says "MASKS REQUIRED TO ENTER" at in at least SIX spots before you can walk three steps into the store....

That means that YOU have to wear a mask.

Like how can people ignore all those signs and then pretend to be dumb and go "oh I didn't realize."

Like how blind are you people? How entitledly selfish are you to think it's okay to go around without a mask when my county has the 2nd highest amount of cases in the state? When, last I checked, there's a chance that if you run into 76 people at least ONE of them has the virus? 

Do you think it's okay if you expose yourself unknowingly and then end up bringing the virus back to your small town?

It's just. So irritating.

Like I get that people get distracted at the wrong moment and forget to put on their masks. That's understandable. Especially when they're trying to wrangle an energetic new puppy or something.

But to claim that "Oh we don't wear them where I'm from." And then expect us to just let you wander around.

GAH. 

I don't like those people. LEARN TO READ. Learn to OBSERVE your surroundings, because me and my crew are so freaking tired of having to inform people that they are required to wear masks in the store.

XP Ugh.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment