Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Another Crown

 So. It was nearly two months ago.

Literally the day after my Mother's 3rd Angelversary....

That I started experiencing some rather intense pain in my mouth.

Pain far stronger than any I'd experienced in my mouth before.

To the point where the irritated tooth area was so painful that I literally considered grabbing a pair of pliers and pulling the tooth out to relieve myself of the agony.

Thankfully. I managed to get into the dentist rather quickly.

Which resulted in me needing to get a Root Canal and a Crown because the root of the tooth that was aching had some sort of abscess. 

It also didn't help that I had like a....sinus infection as well. *exhales*

And because the sinus infection was present...the dentist basically started the root canal and did enough of it to get me out of pain before putting me on antibiotics for a couple of weeks to get rid of the infection and to allow the swelling/irritation in the area to go down. 

Ah. It was a relief to finally be out of pain. But annoying to have to take those pills 3 times a day because yeesh. They were nasty tasting on the tongue.

In any case.

The beginning of december I was able to go back in and finish the root canal and get a temporary crown put on....as well as another dose of antibiotics because my mouth was still rather tender in that area when the dentist gave me some numbing shots in the area.

And usually it takes like 2 weeks or so to get the permanent crown made and ready.

Which would have led me to getting the crown placed right before Christmas.

But until that point I needed to be careful with what I chewed because I didn't want to break the temporary crown.

No. I learned that lesson before with other crowns. So I was very careful to only chew on the left side of my mouth and leave my right side basically alone.

However.

My plan to get the permanent crown placed before Christmas...got foiled because I got sick with a cold (or covid? Who knows) but basically I had a sore throat and had the sniffles.

And knowing it was so close to Christmas and knowing that I for sure had the sore throat which was definitely closely connected to where my teeth were located....I chose to reschedule my appointment so that I wouldn't risk getting the dental crew sick right before Christmas.

Unfortunately they were going to be out of the office until after the near year.

So I had to wait until today to get my permanent crown put on. 

Which meant another 2 weeks of only left side chewing.

So. Tired of left side chewing.

So I was beyond excited to finally make it to the dentist to get it put on.

Though now it's weird.

Because I still feel like I shouldn't be chewing on my right side. 

And like I really just need to avoid sticky foods for a couple more days on that side to ensure that the crown firmly sticks in place.

But chewing other foods? Totally able to do it on my right side once again.

And it feels so weird to do it after a month and a half of not doing so. *shakes head* lol.

Like I'm halfway worried that I'll break the crown even though I haven't yet *knock on wood* broken the other crowns I've received. *shakes head*

Probably going to take a couple of days to get used full mouth chewing again. lol. ^^;;

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves. 
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment