Thursday, January 6, 2022

Pizza Delivery!

 I know there's been a struggle practically well...everywhere to hire enough workers to be able to fully staff buildings/stores every day.

The reasons are varied and many I'm sure.

And I kinda figured that there are some industries being hit harder than others. In being able to hire and keep on staff.

One of those being the Pizza Industry.

Mostly in the "Delivery Driver" part.

As off and on for the past couple of months I've tried to order pizza online for delivery only to be told 'this option isn't available currently.' 

Which I'm sure means that they don't have any drivers or enough drivers to go out and deliver pizzas.

--I do wonder how that went down over Thanksgiving and Christmas....if they had people for the holidays or not. I admittedly didn't try looking at those times. 

But during the slower points of the week....definitely haven't had drivers available. Though store pick up is always available. 

*shakes head* 

In any case.

I was feeling rather stressed out today -as everyone around me seems to be catching covid and I'm worried that I'm going to end up sick with it if I haven't already had it---but that's a post for another day.

But yah. I was feeling stressed out and wanted to cheer myself up.

And usually my method of cheering myself up is grabbing food.

So I for funsies got online to see if I could have pizza delivered to the house.

And surprisingly. It was available. 

So, jumping on the chance to have pizza for the first time in a while. I ordered the food as quickly as I could expecting it to arrive at my home around the same time I got home from work.

No such thing.

The pizza tracker told me that they'd been quality checking my order for 10 minutes...20 minutes....40 minutes....

And then finally, an hour after I ordered the pizza....I received a phone call from the store.

Telling me that there had been a bit of a mixup/issue thing and they got it resolved and got the order fixed and were sending it on it's way now. 

I had no idea what sort of issue it would be though I'm guessing they either made the food wrong or accidentally took my order to the wrong house.

In any case.

An hour after they first started to 'quality check' my pizza order (so an hour and a half after i ordered the thing) my pizza finally arrived!!

And the poor delivery driver was rather sweet and apologetic about the entire thing.

Apparently they'd just had a different delivery driver quit. :S :S :S

So I'm guessing that either a) put them behind on their orders or b) the dude took off with my order when he quit....no idea.

Maybe a combination of both.

In any case.

I could understand the problem. And I reassured them that it was fine that the order was late. I just wanted to have my food and here my food was and it was still nice and hot!! So woot!!! :D

But yah.

I feel bad for the pizza industry. I don't know what all is going down right now, but hopefully they can figure things out and get back up to being fully staffed sooner rather than later.

As it sucks to be short staffed.

I know that feeling all too well. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment