Saturday, January 15, 2022

Scratched Up

 It's interesting, how at work I can go months without an injury. No cuts, no scrapes, no scratches. Though I suppose bruises are quite common lol. 

But then, there ends up being a day...sometimes up to a week.

Where I just...get hurt. 

Animals bite me, product paper cuts me, other things scrape me, other animals scratch me.

And it feels like my arms are suddenly covered in wounds.

This week has been that sort of week.

My hands/arms have been relatively mark free beyond the strain of dry hands from too much scrubbing of the tanks and washing of the hands in the winter.

But this week I've been scratched by two different cats on the same arm. One earlier today. I have at least two paper cut like injuries that I don't know where I got them from though I'm assuming it's probably related to certain fish decorations that are sometimes sharper than they appear. And then there's a cut/mark/papercut thing on my left hand on the pointer finger where I don't know where it came from but it's in an irritating spot because I use the side of my finger to open lids of things like buckets and cups and such and the wound is in that exact spot....

*exhales*

In any case.

It's just weird.

My right arm/hand has half a dozen injuries on it, the left hand just one.

When a week ago it was just clear skin.

*shakes head*

Odd how things seem to happen all at once.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment