Sunday, January 16, 2022

UnBurdened

 There's a comfort really, in voicing your fears, your doubts, your worries to someone.

Like...just holding them in and not speaking them aloud....just seems to make matters worse.

But talking about it. Having others respond to the worries in a way that just....helps....well it helps.

The past week my Head Manager has been gone on a mini vacation.

And yesterday was their first day back.

Which is great because things always feel slightly in more control when the head manager is present. Like things aren't that bad. 

Like I can relax a little bit. 

As I suppose some of my tension of the past week has been from the fact that they weren't there. So it felt like more pressure....more stress....with them gone. 

To have them back.

And just to have somebody to confide in and talk to....

Yah it helps in a way lol.

Like I just kinda vented about my stresses of the week. Some concerns with the department. Worries about all the people around me testing positive. Worries about being sick or not, wondering if it was just stress.

*shakes head*

My Head Manager was like "You gotta stop worrying about the things that don't affect you because they don't help you."

Yah. No duh.

Lol It's like my mind knows that I shouldn't be worrying about things as much as I do.

But the subconscious is a more difficult beast to tame when it comes to what does and doesn't stress me out.

But the fact that I was told to not stress out about it. That it wasn't worth stressing over.

It helped.

And I'm grateful to it.

Not sure how long it will last though, but at least I had a couple of days where I've been feeling a bit more relaxed.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment