Friday, January 28, 2022

Intense Mouthwash

 They sent a cleaning crew to 'deep clean' our store today.

Though I suppose "Deep Clean" is hardly the word for it as our registers received a far deeper clean a couple months ago than the cleaning done today.

No, I suppose "Deep Clean" in this case means "Spray with much stronger chemicals than normal."

In any case.

We had a cleaning crew come into the store this morning. 

I think on behalf of corporate?? Idk all the protocols. We were only informed yesterday afternoon that they were coming..

But I'm pretty sure it's some sort of protocol that's in place if COVID cases spike in certain stores.

Honestly, it's probably amazing that we'e gone nearly 3 years without having to have the crew come in.

However.

We had 4 groomers get sick at the same time this past week. 

-Not surprising honestly because they all struggle to wear their masks properly even after being required to wear them for like...THREE YEARS. *exhales*

In any case.

We had 4 groomers out sick. Not sure if they were all for COVID.....but considering that around half the people in the Salon have caught the Virus with most of them being within the last week?

Yah. I can see the need for a 'deep clean'

Which was basically a handful of guys in hazmat gear coming in with fancy sprayers and spray bottles and spraying down all the high traffic areas that the people in the salon would frequent.

Namely the Salon, but also the breakroom, the bathrooms, and the clock in room.

And like. Deep cleans are nice. Makes one feel....idk more secure that what they're touching is clean I guess?

But the SMELL is something else entirely.

Not that the spraying smell was bad...but it was...overpowering. Like having to stand next to a lady wearing way too much perfume.

Only this perfume was more of the minty listerine mouthwashy sort of smell. 

And it was dialed up to like an 11.

Seriously the scent was so strong in the rooms that it made it difficult to breath. 

And even being home for hours now and away from the store....I feel like I still have the burning scent stuck up my nose. Gah.

I'm hoping the smell is less tomorrow when I go in. Because it was rather difficult to go anywhere that the cleaning guys had been knowing I'd be faced with that scent. XP 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves. 
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment